SquizofrenicCatSquizofrenicCat

Main News Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Badly Drawn Christmas Badly Drawn Christmas

I saw this on the front page and didn't take me long to notice that the crudely drawn dog and humorously-named author both took part in an interesting game I had played a while ago which brought me many smiles and tears. Somehow my apparent internet nostalgia led me to believe that this would be some bright hearted thing rather than the shock valued mess that it really is, and boy was I mistaken.

While the animation quality isn't the best, it is good enough to leave an enhanced bitter taste with all the detailed shit, piss and gore flying about to most of those who sit through it. Coming to think of it, I was never a big fan of your animation works, and still am not. The audio on the other hand is nothing short of appropriate to say the least.

Winter: No Evil 003 Winter: No Evil 003

I totally dig the art style that came along with this test, but you really need to work on the technical aspect of the voices since they have a very important role in your work. The sound is very low, the characters speak fairly quickly and the accent is very present, even if it is faked. Put all these together and you'll bring difficulties for understanding to both non-English speakers and regulars. I had to listen to the punchline thrice to comprehend it, and I'm not deaf nor unacquainted with the language.

Please take note as this review also applies to some of your other works, where the Voice Acting takes a big role but falls short in quality due to very basic technical aspects not meeting certain expectations. If you're completely unable to tweak these parameters (sound, clarity and pronunciation) I recommend adding the option for subtitles because it will then ensure most will be able to understand what you're trying to get your characters to say without having to listen more than once.

Little Bunny Foo Foo: No Evil 008 Little Bunny Foo Foo: No Evil 008

Real interesting and well done animation work, voice acting (the female part of it at least) on the other hand sounded a bit cluttered and unclear at points making it a sore to listen to. Still, great short.

Pause Ahead Pause Ahead

An absolute masterpiece in design, this game had me replaying it days after I beat it simply for the sake that it is amazingly good.

The fact that the game will usually take more than an agonizing hour worth of deaths to be beaten on the first try but can legitimately be beaten in literal 5 minutes with no set backs if you have the skill and knowledge is a sign that it is surgically designed just as well as full AAA games like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls. The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, the humor is most excellent, the writing is intriguing and the gameplay is nothing short of challenging and addictive.

I would honestly pay money to have this as a Full game on my (virtual) shelf. It's just that memorably fantastic.

Road of the Dead 2 Road of the Dead 2

First of all I'd like to say that Road of the Dead is one of my all time favorite games, not in "flash games" but in a general fashion. The way it is set up is really appealing to me and I find it outstanding in numerous amount of aspects, from immersion to gameplay elements, to how it handles game overs. Your "x of The Dead" series is very interesting and has deviated my attention from "full games" on my afternoons and has gotten me playing for the sheer will of beating them, something that some titles nowadays can get from me.

RotD 2 is very less different than RotD when it comes to getting a hold of my attention, as it is a gigantic game compared to ordinary flash games, with depth and immersion very few other flash titles can provide. It really seems to push Flash to its limits, and while that is a milestone of its own it is also an issue.

While it really got me going in a good way (as far as a video game can take mind you) with the extensive amount of multi-tasking the game demands from you, the framerate issues detracted greatly from it specially at latter levels where you need to be absurdly precise at all the three to five things you should be doing - driving, shooting, dodging, stopping and decision making. The freezing really boggled the whole thing down (I initially played the game with high settings with no issues but it got really bad midway so I turned everything upside down to get the most optimized framerate, to no avail). I beat the game and it apparently couldn't take it anymore as I watched the final cut scene at a literal 15 frames per /minute/ and understood nothing of it other than I had beaten it. PERHAPS this all had to do with the fact that I was utilizing Google Chrome the time I played it, which is a very memory intensive browser that may have taken part in slowing everything down despite my computer being a fairly decent set up.

That said, I've always had this feeling that sticking to Flash is really holding these games down, as they seem like they could be much bigger in general fashion had they been made on a more embracing engine. The freezing issues this colossus presented only solidifies that thought in my head, but since I have near to absolute zero experience with making games and working with flash I can't really opine on it.

Despite all, the performance is really my only complaint towards this. I'll most definitely play this again in the future, in the expectation that the performance won't be as much of an issue as it was the first time around. You've all done a fantastic work and I congratulate you for making such a great piece.

Skullgirls Hentai Game Skullgirls Hentai Game

Damn, no "Lab Zero" reference at the start after the "patch"? That would've been the topping on the cake.

Stabbing a Cat Stabbing a Cat

Great track.

Great for listening at 3 in the morning.

For the people who don't really enjoyed it, it's not really a song to listen by itself.
In his website this track is actually used as a background theme for one of his comics, Cat Stab.

Fairy Fountain Remix Pyro Fairy Fountain Remix Pyro

Eh..

I don't like how the music goes from a nice remastered version to random Techno beats. Rather ruined it, looked like a different song, in this case a bad one.

Ayu's Lament of Dawning Shadow Ayu's Lament of Dawning Shadow

Relaxing.

Looks like a Menu Theme for an RPG game. Which is why I love it.

HIYA friends! HIYA friends!

Sadly this looked a bit more promising from the thumbnail. You've drawn this "chibi" in a way that makes it difficult to figure out her alignment in terms of dimensional space, an example being like how her right ear is bigger than her left one despite her face being turned in a way where it's meant to be the other way around.

Her shoulder is also kind of floating there, her entirety of the torso being almost a polygon. The sword unfortunately looks incredibly dimensionless as well. I like her face, though, as much as you probably seemed to. Color work is pretty neat, too. Taken that you're considering making commission work similar to this, I'm being a bit more judgmental than usual.

SigmaStasDS responds:

Aha! I knew something was wrong with the ears but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Thank you for this critique as I now know what I've been doing wrong with all of my artwork. So I guess I just need to practice dimensions and perspective haha. Seriously thank you, this helped me a lot! <3

Raiden Raiden

Good effort, sadly the lack of depth conceptualization along with the asymmetry makes it a bit difficult to distinguish parts of the character, making it look a bit messy if you don't already know how Raiden looks. This is solely my opinion, though.

tatsumaru7 responds:

Hmm yea I know what you mean. My next one will be better :)

Mounted Corgi Mounted Corgi

I absolutely adore the style with the coloring on this piece. What race is that dog?

NeeNjo responds:

The dog is a corgi.
And thank you very much!